Nowadays, it is all too easy to feel as though we no longer have any control over (or knowledge as to) the whereabouts of our personal data. We are here to reassure you that Talentera Limited (We) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our Terms and Conditions of Use https://talentera.co.uk/privacy- policy/ and any other documents referred to in it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting https://talentera.co.uk/(our site) you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Talentera Limited.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- The information you give us. You may give us information about you or your business by filling in forms or optional surveys on our site at any time, or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to one of our services, search for a product or service, participate in any interactive functions on our site, report a problem with our site, enter into any transactions through our site, and any other activities you may carry out on our site. The information you give us may include your individual or business name, mailing address, email address, phone number, financial and credit or debit card information (where appropriate), details relating to job descriptions, your curriculum vitae and work history (where relevant), and any other information you may choose to provide us with.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting (and we may feel a pang of jealousy about those of you who are lucky enough to visit our website from far-flung corners of the globe), browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products or services you viewed or searched for, website and resources you visited, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number (hopefully to tell us what a fantastic job we’re doing!).
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any other websites we may operate or any other services we may provide from time to time. We also work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, and background identity and reference check providers) and may receive information about you from them.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We may use this information:
- to provide and improve our service, complete your transactions, address your enquiries, process your registration, verify the information you provide is valid (you can never be too safe these days), and for compliance and internal business purposes;
- to better understand the needs, profiles, and experience of our visitors, where information is provided voluntarily by you via our online surveys. Unless you request to receive the results of any such survey via email, no personal information is requested during these surveys and all information is used on an aggregated basis only. If, during the registration process, you indicate you would like us to keep you updated on new site developments and information about our services or offerings, we will send you these updates by email.
- to notify you about exciting changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer; and
- to enforce and comply with the law, to protect the property, rights and safety of Talentera Ltd or any third party, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, fraudulent or unethical.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in any interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
- to provide information, products and services that you request, or (with your consent), which we think may interest you, including additional services or job opportunities provided by us or our business partners. Where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
We understand how frustrating it can be to receive unwanted spam. For this reason, if you are already our customer, we will only contact you electronically about products or services which are similar to those previously sold to you. If you are a new customer, you will only be contacted if you agree to it. If you don’t want to be contacted for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box that you will find on screen.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your information with selected third parties, including:
- Recruiters, third party business partners and service providers, to facilitate the provision of our services and to perform service-related facilities and assistance (including, without limitation, maintenance services, payment processing and fraud detection).
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users to help them reach their target audience (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience. After all, nobody wants to see an advert about male shaving products if they’re of the feminine persuasion!
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions of Use or Client Terms and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of HeySuccess Limited, our customers, or others. This may include exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We have partnered with reputable third parties to offer our customers a variety of services. Many of these services also require registration to make them function properly. You can recognize most of these sites if you see both organizations’ names on the web page. For example, if you see a logo on the page that says "Part of the Talentera Network", you are on a co-hosted site. We also have other third-party relationships, where third parties provide technologies or services under the Talentera Ltd name and website. In either case, unless otherwise indicated on the registration page, we do not provide details which you provide us with during your registration with us to our third party partners. Although we only work with reputable third parties, our third party partners may have different privacy policies and practices from us. We encourage you to review our business partners’ privacy policies separately to understand their procedures for collecting, using and disclosing personal information.
Our site may also, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. While we try to link only to other websites that share our high standards and respect for privacy, if you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites may have their own privacy policies. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites. Lesson over – you have been warned!
HOW THIS POLICY APPLIES TO USE OF YOUR CV
CVs are accessed by our recruitment consultants (Consultants) who seek to find you the job of your dreams (or at least that’s the idea) with third party employers (Third Parties). Consultants are not permitted to disclose information outside our organization or beyond the Third Party, as applicable. Consultants are also required to ensure that Third Parties enter into an agreement obliging them to use your CV solely for the purpose of filling a job within the Third Party organization for which the information was provided and not to disclose your CV outside the organization. However, although we only deal with reputable organizations, we cannot guarantee that all employers and Third Parties will adhere to the limitations we impose on them. If at any time you would like your CV removed from our website, you may do so by using the "delete CV" function.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be processed securely using encryption measures. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password and any other login details confidential. Whilst usually we approve of sharing, in this instance we ask you not to share these details with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. If your communication is sensitive or includes confidential information (such as credit card details) you may prefer to provide it by post or via the telephone instead. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. Despite our best efforts to protect your personal information, we are not responsible for any improper use of your personal data that is beyond our reasonable control.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking the relevant boxes on our forms and emails, or by contacting us at any time at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Data Protection Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Any access request may be subject to a fee (currently £10) to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.